my fairy tale come true

Monday 7 November 2011

A night away....

We are gearing up for a big wedding this weekend that will take us 2 1/2 hours away from home.  I'm so excited to share this special day with my cousin and his beautiful bride-to-be and the rest of my amazing family.  My dad has a big family, so our get togethers are always lots of fun when everybody gets together.  Unfortunately, it doesn't happen often enough.  But what better excuse than a wedding.

As much as I am looking forward to it, I am also dreading the night.  This will be the first time I leave my baby girl for the night.  She will be almost 7 1/2 months by the time we go, and I am nervous.  I know that I shouldn't worry as we are leaving her in great hands.  Her grandma is coming and staying at our house to keep her in a familiar environment and so we don't have to pack up house and home to leave her for..... 24 hours.  Eek.  That seems like such a long time.

I worry that she will wake up in the night and wonder why I'm not there.  I worry that she will not take a bottle well.  I worry that she will cry all night long and that she and grandma won't get much sleep.  I worry that I will miss her like crazy and not enjoy myself at the wedding.  I worry that if she needs us, we will be so far away and it will take us too long to get back.  But mostly, I worry that she will be scared when I don't come back after a few hours... and she will think that I am not coming back.

I still have a few days to prepare.  Wish me luck.  Wish HER luck.  Wish us all luck!  I am sure things will be okay, and everyone will have a great night!

4 comments:

  1. Wishing you lots of luck!
    Like Sloan's Grandma has said...even if she doesn't get much sleep and its a rough night, it's only one night - Grandma gets to go home and nap - not a big deal!
    Enjoy the night away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing luck from us too !

    Kennedy is a great little baby - she wouldn't give grandma any trouble. She'll miss you like crazy - but I think you've instilled enough trust into her, that she knows that you'll be back. It will be the best homecoming ever.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am thinking of you right NOW- because it is happening as I write this. I hope that she is doing fine- missing you a little- but enjoying the new experience. Tomorrow you will see your girl and she will welcome you with a beautiful smile. You are so brave! I have seen Kennedy's grandma make her LAUGH, so I know that those girls are having a good time. Aly

    ReplyDelete