my fairy tale come true

Monday 26 November 2012

another session done

It finished today.  Another session is done.  I can't say that I am sad to see that it's over.  I take her because I know that she likes it and that she has so much fun, but I am not a fan. 

Swimming lessons.  They are finally done.

I'm not afraid of water and I am actually a fairly decent swimmer (having completed my Bronze Medallion, I can actually say that with confidence), but I just don't love swimming like some people do.  The pool is always cold... the change rooms are always freezing, and my daughter loves to splash.  People who know me, know that I just don't like to get wet.  Not in the rain, not in the lake, and definitely not in a cold pool 

Of course, that is part of the mommy-role.  To offer new experiences, introduce her to new people, and allow her to play and build confidence in new situations.  I am happy to do it as I love to see the big smile on her face as she blows bubbles in the water, plays with the toys, and jumps into my arms from the side of the pool.  However, 9 weeks is lots for this mommy.

Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment