my fairy tale come true

Wednesday 6 March 2013

walkin' and talkin'

It's March.  I can't believe how quickly the winter has passed.  Kennedy and I went on a beautiful walk today after work.  It was so nice to be out in the sun and enjoy the fresh air without feeling freezing cold.

I think that the little lady talked during out whole walk.  Pointing out things she saw and things she heard. 
  • "What noise mommy?" she would ask when she could hear something without seeing it. 
  • "Where plane go mommy?" she would ask once the plane disappeared out of sight. 
  • "Boy fall down" she would say as the boys getting off the bus jumped in the snow in the ditch as they walked home. 
  • "Where did puppy go? Puppy sleeping" (her usual response about where the dogs have gone when we tell her that they have gone back into their house). 
  • "Mommy Rocco" she explained when she saw the neighbour approaching us with her dog.
It makes me smile as I listen to her chit chat and I answer her questions and pose new ones for her too.  I love listening to her sing the alphabet (a, b, c, w, x, a, b, c, w, x), the wheels on the bus (her favourite song to sing with actions), and Happy Birthday ("Happy birthday to you Papa John" as it was just his birthday this past weekend).

She loves to talk on the phone and loves to talk to her babies.  She's like her mom - she just loves to talk!

1 comment: