my fairy tale come true

Wednesday 22 February 2012

All caught up

During my pregnancy, I was diligent to record all of the new things happening during my pregnancy in a special "pregnancy calendar".  I wrote down everything from the first kick to doctors appointments - even my weight gain.  I have enjoyed going back and reflecting on all the amazing things that happened during those nine months.

Before Kennedy was born, I purchased a really cute baby book, and started it off by inputting information about how Evan and I met, who our family members were, how we prepared for her birth etc.  I leave her baby book out in the dining room so that I remember to add all of the important milestones in it.  So far, I think that I've done a fantastic job.  However, I was missing one crucial part to the book - and that was photos.  So the other day I took the time to go through all the pictures I've taken of K so far, and had a slew of them printed off.  Today, during morning nap, I cut and pasted them all into the book.  So we now have pictures of her first tooth, her first time eating food, her first bath, her first Christmas... and the list goes on.

I know that this will be something that I will treasure for years to come, so I am so happy that I have invested the time in it now :)  A great accomplishment for the morning!

2 comments: