my fairy tale come true

Friday 30 March 2012

364 Days

          It has been 364 days since we met you and held you in our arms for the first time. What a wonderful 364 days it has been.  Tomorrow is the big birthday and I am up late, preparing for your birthday party and reminiscing about the past year. 
          I think back to a year ago today, as we patiently waited for contractions to pick up after they started to induce me.  Your dad and I were so excited, and both nervous as we came home from the hospital to wait it out at our house.  I don't think either of us got much sleep last night.
          I think to the first few minutes after you were born and we looked you over and held you tight.  It was so exciting to finally see your beautiful face and to share with everyone that you had finally arrived.
          I think to the first few weeks and months, and the hours we spent bouncing on the ball at night to get you to sleep.  I am amazed at how easily you go down now.  At times, when you cuddle in and lay your head my shoulder, I just want to hold you tight and not put you down at all.
          I think to your many firsts.  First time sitting, first foods, first time in the ocean, first Christmas, first time clapping... Each and everytime, your daddy and I feel so proud of you.  We love you so much. 
          When I think back to the past year - I can't help but smile and think about how fortunate we are to have a beautiful, happy, healthy baby girl.  Although you are growing bigger each day, you will always be our baby girl. 
           We love you Kennedy, and we wish you a Happy Birthday tomorrow.  Your daddy and I look forward to celebrating years and years of birthdays with you!  You are the best gift we could have ever asked for!
          Love you K :) 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment