my fairy tale come true

Tuesday 13 March 2012

Down to 6 days

I'm down to six more days of my maternity leave before I go back to work.  Ugh.  Although I love my job, I am very sad to be leaving my little lady for a large chunk of the day, five days a week.  I know she's going to be in great hands and will have lots of fun with all of the other kids (and her dad on her daddy days), but I will miss her terribly.

I'm trying not to dwell on all of my sad thoughts and think about the positive things about the upcoming transition.  There are positives, I know.  But I'm still a little anxious about it all. 

She will be fine.  She will have fun.  She will be SO excited to see me when I pick her up (right?).  She will nap well.  She will eat well.  She will play.  She will explore.  She will grow.  She will be exposed to new things.  She will interact with others.  She will be okay. 

So will mommy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment