my fairy tale come true

Saturday 2 June 2012

Tickle Time

It's the second day in June and it's a cold, rainy, miserable looking day. 

What happened to our beautiful May?  I want it back. 

Unfortunately due to the weather, we had to postpone a birthday BBQ for daddy today.  It's not the type of day where we want to be running around the backyard in.  Hopefully the weather cooperates for next weekend though.

This morning, before I put the little lady to bed for her nap, I did a little poking around in her mouth and felt another little staple poking through.  Another tooth will up her number to 9.  She has been such a happy girl the past two days, so it obviously isn't bothering her.  I think that I credit the baltic amber necklace that she has been wearing since she was six months old for that.  Teething has never been an issue for us - knock on wood. 

This morning she has been running all over the house and tickling daddy and I.  She wiggles her fingers against our chest or arm and says "tick-ah, tick-ah" in her own little baby way.  Of course, we pretend to giggle and tickle her back.  It's turned into her new favourite game.  I think that she learnt how to tickle from reading the book "Tickle Time!" by Sandra Boynton.  What a fun little book to read together (same author of some other popular books like Barnyard Dance).  I think we may need to get some more of these fun books. 

Mommy loves to buy books!

No comments:

Post a Comment