my fairy tale come true

Friday 10 May 2013

34 weeks!!!

34 weeks has flown by!  I can't believe that sometime next month we will have our newest addition to the family!  How exciting!

Our latest midwife appointment resulted in the news that baby boy is currently in a transverse position.  I wonder to myself what women did before being able to search questions and answer on the Internet.  How did they have babies?  I've been doing my research and attempting a few of the suggestions to help get baby to flip on his own before labour begins.  My midwife assures me that there is still time - and space - for him to do so on his on, but a little extra help can't hurt either.  
People might think I'm crazy if they saw me with my butt up in the air while I do the forward facing inversion off the couch, or sitting rolling my hips on the ball, or putting an ice pack of my tummy in hopes that the baby will move away from the cold.  These are just a few of the "tricks" I have read about the naturally move the baby without the need for an ECV.  Fingers crossed he does flip into the proper position before my next ultrasound so this mama can rest easy with hopes of a "normal" birth.

In the meantime, it's a great excuse to be crawling around on all fours on the floor with K.  Another suggestion of getting babe to move.

Let's hope this works! 

No comments:

Post a Comment