my fairy tale come true

Sunday 26 May 2013

He flipped!

I forgot to update with the good news that Baby Boy did the flip!  Yeah for head down! :)  I went for an ultrasound at 1:00pm last Tuesday and the ultrasound tech said that he was still in the transverse position.  It was disappointing news, but I knew that things could always be worse.  If this was the extent of the complications we had to go through, we were very fortunate compared to some families.  Fast forward to 4:30 that same day when I had my midwife appointment and she started feeling my tummy and said she thought he was head down!  After a second opinion, it was confirmed, he was in the proper position.  How that happened in the few hours of time in between is beyond me as I don't think I felt anything abnormal, but we were thrilled to hear the news (although to be honest, I didn't quite believe it.... but got more confirmation on Friday).  Yeah baby! 

Now that he's co-operating a bit more, this mama has to get her butt in gear to get ready for his arrival as realistically, he could come anytime now.  I have a few things set out but lots of organising to do still.  Maybe tomorrow?  Oh wait... I've made plans... ;)  I'm the queen of procrastination.... it will get done.... soon.... :)

1 comment: