my fairy tale come true

Sunday 23 October 2011

All the firsts

I'm the type of person that likes to take a lot of pictures.  In one day, I can easily take a hundred or more pictures.  Often taking twenty or more pictures of the same pose, just to get the perfect shot.  My husband often teases me that if I don't take a picture of it, then it must not have happened.

I love to have pictures surrounding me in my home, I love posting pictures on facebook to share with friends and family who may also enjoy them, and I love going through them on my computer when I am reflecting on past events.  I like to think that I can take good pictures.  I enjoy playing with the camera, the angles, the subjects, creating different poses, and getting that perfect picture.  However this translates to thousands (and I mean thousands) or pictures saved on my computer.  I am absolutely terrified of losing them all or having my computer crash, so I try to get them backed up on something else.  This is an area that I really should be more organized in.  These pictures are so precious to me that I should take better care.  Suggestions of photo organization welcome!

Now that Kennedy is here, I don't even bother putting the camera away.  It must be handy for those unexpected moments that must be captured because they are just so darn cute.  This includes all of her firsts.  I take pictures of everything she does for the first time.  The first time she had a blow-out in her diaper, I took a picture cause daddy wasn't there, and it was something that I thought he must see. The first time she rolled over - I missed the actual shot, but ran and got the camera and have a photo of her laying on her back.  At least *I* know that she had just rolled over before I took the picture.  The first time at the cottage.  The first time eating food.  The first "craft" she made.....and the list goes on.  Here is a picture of her first time at the park - and her first time on the swing and slide. 




1 comment:

  1. I love how you took a picture of the diaper blow-out. HA HA HA.

    My recommendations for organization -
    - Photo books! (there are some great companies - my favourite are BLURB, Shutterfly and My Publisher.... and exploring others) - They are really easy programs to make fabulous books.

    - This person is a super organizer of all things. Check out how she organizes all of her photos. Looks like it might take a long time: http://chezlarsson.com/myblog/2008/07/organizing-phot.html

    ps. do a pinterest search "organizing photos" ??

    ReplyDelete