my fairy tale come true

Friday 14 October 2011

A wet day

This afternoon turned out to be a wet and dreary day...  aka the perfect day to curl up on the couch, with a sleeping girl in my arms, catching up on some of my PVR'd shows.  I know that a day will come when I say to myself that I didn't sit down and enjoy cuddling with Kennedy enough, so I try to take the opportunities when I can.  Is it spoiling her, holding her like that?  Not in my opinion.  Not when she has an eye that keeps running, and two new teeth coming in.  Who am I kidding... I'd probably still hold her while she napped even if she wasn't teething.  A perfect chance to cuddle up on a quiet afternoon after a very busy long weekend. 


We were fortunate enough to spend Thanksgiving with friends and family and did a lot of visiting as well.  Our family went back to the home farm and had our last family pictures taken there.  So strange to be back there with all the changes that have happened since my parents moved off the farm.  I know that Kennedy will miss out on a lot of things that I got to do while growing up as a farm girl, but we will have to work at it to make sure she still has these experiences, only at a different place. 

We had our own little photo shoot by setting up the camera on the tripod, and taking a bazillion pictures, with the hopes that one would be a great shot with three young kids.  We ended up with lots of great pics and of course, I have to share a couple!


No comments:

Post a Comment