my fairy tale come true

Tuesday 13 December 2011

Our latest milestone.

Our little princess has reached yet another milestone.  Although each and every day I think to myself that today will be the day she crawls - that has not happened yet (and for the record, I am totally okay with that.  I joke that I am going to tie her knees together to keep her stationary as long as possible).  There have been many a times when I think that a new tooth is coming through - but that too has not occurred since her first two teeth came over two months ago.  Numerous times she reaches for toys and furniture to try and pull herself up to a standing position - but still we wait for that to occur.  However, Kennedy's new "trick" is to wave.  And oh-my-goodness is it ever cute.  It began that day we went to the Santa Claus parade, and with much prompting, she raised her arm and flung it back and forth.  But now she does it on command and with a great big smile of accomplishment of her face.  We now don't even have to wave to her in order to get the desired response.  Instead, we can verbally prompt her by saying "Hi Kennedy" or "Kennedy wave" and up the arm goes.  I know that some babies do that wave by opening and closing their tiny little hands, but not out little lady.  The arms flaps up and down (or side to side) as she smiles with delight.   It melts my heart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment