my fairy tale come true

Saturday 3 December 2011

The perfect Christmas card

I spent too much time on pinterest this year looking for ideas for the perfect pose for a photo for our Christmas cards.  Hours upon hours, browsing, pinning, and commenting on ideas on this magical website has left me feeling slightly overwhelmed.  I love having family traditions and want to start them early so that Kennedy has the wonderful memories to grow up with.  That being said, some of my fabulous (*cough cough I should say pinterest's fabulous) ideas need to wait until she's a bit older to understand and participate. 

A yearly photo Christmas card is a tradition that we can start this year.  But it has to be the perfect pose.  And it has to capture our little lady's personality and beautiful smile. I had fun practising on different poses and using different props (many of which went straight into her mouth - dangerous at times!  I now know better to attempt this when the hubby is working - next time, he will be my assistant) and playing around with the camera settings.  


Here is one that, although not quite perfect in the lighting, is a cute one to cherish!  I'm not sure if Kennedy will appreciate me sending out a half naked shot of her to all of our loved ones, so this one will go in her album and not on the card.

I did get "the" perfect shot - with a great big smile and the cutest little outfit, but will save that for another post and for once our cards are sent out :)

Ohhh the fun of holiday traditions... :)

1 comment:

  1. Adorable photo - can't wait to see "the" perfect shot.

    You know - a little twitching in photoshop will make the lighting in this picture perfect as well!

    :)

    ReplyDelete