my fairy tale come true

Sunday 15 January 2012

a lazy supper

Tonight, the idea of leftovers again didn't appeal to either of us.  The thought of cooking up another meal when perfectly good food was in the fridge (and to be honest we were both feeling a bit lazy and not really that hungry for a big meal anyways) wasn't really an option either.  So a couple of bowls of honey nut cheerios seemed to be the perfect answer for the two of us as the little lady sat in her high chair picking at, and closely inspecting her chick peas. 

Then she noticed.  Her eyes went from her dad's bowl to mine.  She watched him dip his spoon into his bowl, then her eyes flickered to me and watched my spoon go into my mouth.  Her eyes darted back and forth between the two of us and the look on her face was priceless.  I could almost hear the thoughts in her head "Cheerios are my favourite food - where are mine?" 

She'd already had a plentiful serving of cheerios while skyping with her uncle less than an hour before, so we quickly ate our cheerios as the less than impressed little lady watched on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment