my fairy tale come true

Friday 20 January 2012

Parenting in the winter

I often reflect on Kennedy's first few months of life and think about how everything was a new adventure.  I feel fortunate that she was a March baby.  By the time I had things figured out, the weather grew nice and we were able to spend time outdoors.  On a whim, I could grab the diaper bag, throw her in the car seat and head out on the town or go visiting. 

But things change in the winter.  Things take longer in the winter.  Going out becomes more of a production in the winter.  There are so many things to think about other than just grabbing the diaper bag and jumping in the car.  You have to get the car warmed up (and sometimes cleaned off), make sure the driveway is clear, ensure that the roads are safe, bundle up the baby (but not over bundled), protect her from the wind... and it goes on and on... I already can't wait for spring!

1 comment:

  1. This is such an awesome (yet depressing?) photo of Kennedy.

    It really does describe walking with a baby in winter. Next year at this time she'll be playing in the snow! I can't believe it!

    ReplyDelete