my fairy tale come true

Wednesday 14 September 2011

Before my very own eyes

My little girl is growing up before my very own eyes. 

Each day is something new and it amazes me to watch her grow, develop, babble, sleep, stare, drool.... you name it, I love watching it.  I can now relate to others who say it is difficult to get things done when you have a baby. I really can't use the excuse that my baby is a high needs baby and requires all of my attention.  She is happy to sit in her jolly jumper, lay under the trees outside, suck on a toy, or talk to herself while I am busy doing things around the house.  But my problem is that I hate leaving her to do these things.  I'd much rather sit beside her and talk to her as she jumps in her jolly jumper, lays under a tree outside, sucks on a toy, and talks to herself.  I don't want to miss a single thing.  She really is growing up too fast.

Tomorrow she will "officially" be 5 1/2 months old and I can't am shocked that all this time has passed already.  It seems like a lifetime ago that I was pregnant but yet it is hard to believe that at the end of the month she will be half of a year old! 

Today, she grew up before my eyes yet again.  She started sitting on her own.  I swear that this happened overnight. Although she is a bit unsteady at times, and falls to the side or backwards (and sometimes on her face) I am still counting this as sitting!  Her dad is going to be amazed when he gets home from work this afternoon.  I can't wait to share this with him and let him see it with his own eyes. 

2 comments: