my fairy tale come true

Monday 12 September 2011

Mommy friends

Yesterday I wrote a post about my fabulous friends from high school and university.  Now today I must celebrate my new Mommy Friends!

How amazing to be able to sit in a room full of other mom's at our LLL meetings and feel so comfortable to share thoughts/concerns/fears/feelings/and celebrations. I often wonder what mommy-life would be like without these ladies in my life.  They have been there for me since before the little lady was born, and I took their advice and personal experiences to heart.  Now with a five month old baby girl I am able to share some of my own advice and experiences with them as well.  These women have become a very important part of my life and I am happy that I can call them friends.

I also think it's SO great for Kennedy to meet her own young friends as many of these babies are around the same age as she is and many of them will go to school together.  Today, she and another young babe laid on a blanket together and she tried to eat his hand --- a budding romance I'm sure!

Life on mat leave is amazing - we attend LLL meetings with our wee ones and have so much fun that we then go out for lunch together..... I guess it might be time for me to get some housework done as I have been off playing all day long with my little lady and our new friends.

1 comment:

  1. Wow - two posts in two days - impressive!!

    (and I particularly like this one because I am one of those mommy friends you speak of!)

    I really hope we will be friends for a long time and watch the babes grow up together. That is a commitment that I am willing to make!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete